Baghdad (NINA) – Police source announced new casualties' outcome from today's two car bomb explosions in downtown Baghdad and the entering of suicide attackers into the Anti Terrorism Department, has reached 64 killed and wounded, including a number of policemen.
In a statement on Tuesday, July 31, to NINA, the source said that the number of casualties increased up to 14 killed and 50 wounded.
Earlier in the day, the source said that the first car bomb exploded in Andalus Square, while the second, driven by suicide attacker, intended the Auxiliaries Police Department.
He added that there are doubts that two suicide attackers, wearing vests of explosives, have entered the premises of Anti Terrorism Department, located in the same area, and search is underway to find them.
The semi official Iraqiya Tv Channel quoted the Senior Interior Undersecretary, Adnan al-Asadi, saying that one suicide attacker is killed while two others are still at large, and search is underway to find them. / End.